Tell us what you want to do in our new parks & win prizes!
This summer and fall 2018, we’re taking our public meetings to you! We want to know what you like to do in Austin, what you wish there was more of, and how our new parks can fulfill our mission for Waller Creek: to be for the benefit of all.
Waller Creek Conservancy staff is undergoing a community engagement process to build stronger and broader relationships with Austin residents and community-based organizations across the city as we develop a plan for cultural and educational programs in the parks. We are excited to speak to everyone, and are making special efforts to focus on how Waller Creek can advance equity in Austin.
As part of our listening activities, we’ve created a brief survey. Click here to give your feedback and you enter a raffle for a chance to win these amazing prizes:
- $100 Outdoor Voices Gift Card (2)
- $20 Waller Creek Pub House Gift Card (5)
- 1 Pair General Admission Tickets to the Waller Creek Annual Benefit Concert at Stubb’s
- 1 Creek Monster Plushy
Our road trip is taking us to the following stops:
- August 4 - AISD Back to School Bash
- August 4 - Austin’s Birthday Bash
- August 11 - Austin Pride Festival
- August 18 - Mexican American Cultural Center - at Hike & Bike Trail
- August 19 - HOPE Farmers Market
- August 26 - Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Festival
- September 1 - Six Square District Cultural Arts Festival
- September 23 - Museum Day: Concert on the Creek
If you would like to request that we bring our mobile workshop to your meeting or community event this summer or fall, please fill out this form and someone from our staff will be in touch soon.
Representatives from the following organizations have contributed input during this process. Let us come to you and hear from your group too!
- Asian American Resource Center
- Austin Public Library
- Austin Youth River Watch
- Breakthrough Central Texas
- Caritas of Austin
- City of Austin Communications & Public Information Office
- City of Austin Cultural Arts Division
- City of Austin Equity Office
- City of Austin Parks & Recreation Department
- City of Austin Planning & Zoning
- Community Advancement Network
- Dell Medical School | Center for Place-Based Initiatives
- Downtown Austin Alliance
- Earth Day Austin
- Foundation Communities
- George Washington Carver Museum & Cultural Center
- Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Housing Authority of the City of Austin
- Huston-Tillotson University
- Mexican American Cultural Center
- Office of Council Member Ora Houston, District 1
- Office of Council Member Pio Renteria, District 3
- Office of Mayor Pro Tem Kathie Tovo, District 9
- Office of Mayor Steve Adler
- Red River Merchants Association
- St. David’s Foundation
- University of Texas
If you have ideas of who we should reach out to for one - on - one conversations, or more, please contact Melissa Ayala at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-541-3520.